Public Services Manager (Posting updated Dec. 6, 2016)
Chinook Arch Regional Library System is a dynamic and innovative library services organization based in Lethbridge, Alberta. We are currently seeking a Public Services Manager to join our team of professionals committed to providing service and support to 33 public libraries in the southwestern corner of the province. At Chinook Arch Regional Library System, we are proud of our record of innovation and our commitment to providing responsive service to our members.
As an integral part of the Public Services and Senior Management Teams, the Public Services Manager will help design, develop, and deliver services to member libraries and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic about public library service, with a demonstrated passion for driving and managing change. As an innovative and resourceful professional you will be skilled at working in a fast-paced, people-oriented environment. Judgement, tact, empathy, and well-honed interpersonal skills will be called upon as we work to fulfil of Chinook Arch’s mission of supporting a network of cooperating public libraries. A flexible approach and a strong commitment to excellent customer service are essential.
The successful candidate will have:
· A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
· A variety of progressively responsible experience in a public library or public library system, including successful project or personnel management experience
· A proven ability to provide strategic and proactive leadership in a collaborative environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· A demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
· A valid driver’s license with a three year good driving record
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A copy of the full job description is available upon request. Please apply by email by December 20, 2016 to:
Robin Hepher, CEO
Chinook Arch Regional Library System
Chinook Arch Regional Library System supports a network of cooperating public libraries in southwestern Alberta, Canada. The headquarters is located in the City of Lethbridge, which is one of the warmest and sunniest cities in Canada, with a population of almost 100,000 and close to 2,400 hours of sunshine per year. Southwestern Alberta, the traditional territory of the Blackfoot peoples, has spectacular scenery and many interesting historic and cultural sites.